- Research & Extension
- Ecological & Environmental Landscapes
- Sustainable Food & Farming Systems
- About Us
- Undergraduate Students
- How to Apply
- Ecological & Sustainable Horticultural Production
- Ecological Landscapes & Urban Forestry
- General Horticulture (Online)
- Horticultural Research
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Therapeutic Horticulture
- Turf Management
- Viticulture & Enology
- Sustainability Double-Degree
- Minor Programs
- Accelerated Master's Platform
- Internship Requirements
- Thesis Requirements
- Graduate Students
- Horticulture Courses
- Plant Breeding & Genetics Courses
- Why Choose a Horticulture Degree?
- Current Students
- Horticulture Club
- Pi Alpha Xi
- Turf Club
- VITIS Club
- Undergraduate Students
Assistant Professor (Practice), Community Horticulture Extension
My focus is on meeting the community horticulture needs in Linn, Benton and Lane counties. In this role, I oversee the Master Gardener programs in each county. I also coordinate research-based educational programs in community food systems and IPM.
Department of Horticulture
Linn County Extension Office
33630 McFarland RdTangent, OR 97389-9627
I was born in Roseburg, OR and grew up in Vancouver, WA and Chicago, IL. I earned a BS in Plant Health and Protection and an MS in Plant Pathology from Iowa State University and a PhD in plant pathology from North Carolina State University. I've worked as a Regional Extension Specialist for Colorado State University and a Plant Pathologist for the Oregon Department of Agriculture.
Outreach and Extension
- B.A. Edmunds, G.J. Holmes, M.D. Boyette, D. Ferrin and C.A. Clark. 2007. Postharvest Handling of Sweetpotatoes. North Carolina Cooperative Extension & Louisiana Cooperative Extension Bulletin.
- G.J. Holmes and B.A. Edmunds. Bio-save 11LP gets label for postharvest use in sweetpotatoes. North Carolina Pest News, 20(4).
- M.L. Gleason and B.A. Edmunds. 2005. Tomato Diseases and Disorders, Iowa State University Extension Bulletin PM-1266.
- D. Muller, M. Gleason, D. Lewis, S. Jeffers, B. Edmunds, C. Warfield and J. Williams- Woodward. 2005. Hosta Diseases and Pests. Iowa State University Cooperative Extension Bulletin AG-637.
- B. Edmunds, M. Gleason, and U. Schuch. 2000. Crown Rot: A Serious Disease of Hosta and Other Perennials, Iowa State University Extension Bulletin SUL 8.
- B. Edmunds. Cedar-Apple Rust. Yard and Garden newspaper column; June 8, 2001. Iowa State University Extension
- B. Edmunds. Health of houseplants begins at the garden center. Yard and Garden newspaper column; Dec 12, 2001. Iowa State University Extension.
- B. Edmunds. Crown rot poses problem for hosta lovers. Yard and Garden newspaper column; May 19, 2000. Iowa State University Extension.
- B. Edmunds and M. Gleason. 1999. Hosta Takeover. American Nurseryman Oct. 1, 1999