- Research & Extension
- Ecological & Environmental Landscapes
- Sustainable Food & Farming Systems
- About Us
- Undergraduate Students
- How to Apply
- Ecological & Sustainable Horticultural Production
- Ecological Landscapes & Urban Forestry
- General Horticulture (Online)
- Horticultural Research
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Therapeutic Horticulture
- Turf Management
- Viticulture & Enology
- Sustainability Double-Degree
- Minor Programs
- Accelerated Master's Platform
- Internship Requirements
- Thesis Requirements
- Graduate Students
- Horticulture Courses
- Plant Breeding & Genetics Courses
- Why Choose a Horticulture Degree?
- Current Students
- Horticulture Club
- Pi Alpha Xi
- Turf Club
- VITIS Club
- Undergraduate Students
Dan M. Sullivan
Professor, Nutrient Management
- Investigating and improving on-farm management practices for organic nutrient sources such as manure, municipal biosolids, and compost
- Providing Extension clientele and students with actionable research-based information to guide soil fertility and nutrient management decisions
Projected Program Outcomes
- Enhanced profitability for farmers
- Protection of surface and groundwater from nitrogen and phosphorus contamination
- More recycling of nutrients, less waste to be burned or landfilled
- Improved soil quality
Department of Crop and Soil Science
3045 Ag & Life Sciences BuildingCorvallis, OR 97331
Ph.D. – Soil Science, Kansas State University, 1990
M.S. – Soil Science, Oregon State University, 1981
B.S. – Horticulture, Oregon State University, 1977
I accept graduate students for Crop and Soil Science
Outreach and Extension
Integrated Research and Extension Projects
Nutrient Management for sweet corn
NIFA multi-state projects
Minimizing phosphorus loss in agriculture SERA-17
Municipal Biosolids Management
Fertilizing with biosolids. PNW508-E.
Nutrient Mangement: Testing and Interpretation
Eastern Oregon Liming Guide. EM 9060.
Soil Acidity in Oregon: Understanding and Using Concepts for Crop Production. EM 9061. Oregon State University Extension Service.
Soil test interpretation guide. EC1478-E.
Managing Salt-Affected Soils for Crop Production. PNW 601-E.
Nutrient Management Guides
Nutrient Management: Manure
Estimating plant-available nitrogen from manure. EM 8954-E.
Manure application rates for forage production. EM 8585-E.
Backyard composting. EB 1784-E. Washington State University Cooperative Extension.
Vegetable gardening in Oregon. EC871.
Nutrient Management: Small Farms
Fertilizing with yard trimmings. WSU EB1926E.
Fertilizing with manure. PNW 533.
Awards and Honors
2015 ASA Educational Materials Awards Program - Publications; circular, fact sheet, brochure (over 16 pages). Dan M. Sullivan*, Craig G. Cogger, and Andy I. Bary. Pacific Northwest Extension publication 508.