- Research & Extension
- Ecological & Environmental Landscapes
- Sustainable Food & Farming Systems
- About Us
- Undergraduate Students
- How to Apply
- Ecological & Sustainable Horticultural Production
- Ecological Landscapes & Urban Forestry
- General Horticulture (Online)
- Horticultural Research
- Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Therapeutic Horticulture
- Turf Management
- Viticulture & Enology
- Sustainability Double-Degree
- Minor Programs
- Accelerated Master's Platform
- Internship Requirements
- Thesis Requirements
- Graduate Students
- Horticulture Courses
- Plant Breeding & Genetics Courses
- Why Choose a Horticulture Degree?
- Current Students
- Horticulture Club
- Pi Alpha Xi
- Turf Club
- VITIS Club
- Undergraduate Students
Linda J. Brewer
Senior Faculty Research Assistant II, Technical Writer and Project Manager
I manage the following research grants at Oregon State University:
- Oregon Organic Cropping Research (USDA-NIFA Specialty Research Grants).
- Biology and Mangement of Spotted Wing Drosophila on Small and Stone Fruits (USDA-NIFA Specialty Crop Research Initiative.)
- Growing Farms Online (USDA-NIFA Beginning Farmers and Ranchers Program.)
- Expansion of Hazelnut Production, Feedstock, and Biofuel Potential, through Breeding for Disease Resistance and Climatic Adaptation (USDA-NIFA Specialty Crop Research Initiative.)
- Climate Friendly Nurseries (EPA.)
I serve as technical writer and/or project manager for a highly diverse group of activities and projects in the Department, in the College of Agricultural Sciences, and in the Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources Extension Program.
Department of Horticulture
4039 Ag and Life Sciences Building Oregon State University Department of HorticultureCorvallis, OR 97331
Born St. Louis MO, 1952 to a Borg pod. My true designation is "6 of 8."
Education: University of Missouri, 1974, BA Speech Communications and Human Behavior; Oregon State University, 2001, MS Soil Science.
I may be the only member of my undergraduate cohort who has turned that degree into a career.
In 1994-5, I managed the Master Gardener programs for Linn and Benton Counties. Graduate school interrupted that effort.
Outreach and Extension
I am the administrative liaison for faculty in OSUES's Agriculture and Natural Resources Program. This makes me the go-to person for the Stories, Outcomes, Achievements Reporting System.
The photo shows me with my friend Arielle having dinner at the best Italian restaurant in the Yúcatan Peninsula. We're celebrating our birthdays. My husband Dennis is the photographer; he's also celebrating his birthday, but somebody had to drive the camera . . .