Development of corn earworm, Heliothis zea, on corn in Oregon
- Refine corn earworm monitoring techniques using pheromone and black light traps.
- Continue developing a statewide pheromone trapping program.
- Study earworm flight and infestation trends that can be used to predict damaging infestations.
- Develop corn earworm and sweet corn development models.
- Conduct insecticide trials to determine if and when sprays are most effectively used.
- Incorporate relevant information into a damage prediction model that can be used for management purposes.