Report to the Oregon Processed Vegetable Commission
OSU Dept of Horticulture
- Develop broccoli varieties for processing in western Oregon stressing:
- Elongate habit with highly exserted heads easily accessible for harvest.
- Openly branched heads with heavy, clean stem for easy trimming and separation into spears or chunks.
- Medium fine, firm, uniform florets of good color and which are retained after freezing.
- Early to midseason maturity, concentrated high yield potential.
- Clubroot and downy mildew resistance if possible.